firstname.lastname@example.org | 970-549-0437 | @andrea-chamorroq
University of Colorado Boulder, Engineering Honors || May 2021
- B.S. in Computer Science; Minor in Business & Management GPA: 5.566
Unstable Design Lab, Boulder, CO || August 2018- Present
DLA Assistant Researcher
- Developing a user interface to design and fabricate smart textiles, rapid prototyping textile and circuit design.
Computer Science Department, Boulder, CO || August 2018- Present
- Facilitate programming and conceptual understanding of Discrete Structures course for current students.
CO- WY AMP REU, Fort Collins, CO || May 2018- July 2018
Software Development Researcher
- Created WikifyDocs, a tool that leverages Wikipedia definitions to bring us closer to more accessible, automatically enhanced developer documentation. (
-Accepted to DysDoc3, doctoral symposium at the IEEE International Conference on Software Maintenance and Evolution in Madrid, Spain.
Website Developer, USA || October 2016- July 2018
Mindscribe, Boulder, CO || Fall 2017-May 2018
Electronics Lab Assistant
- Tactile input electronics experimentation, Spanish translation, and vector-graphics design. Exposed to natural language processing techniques, early childhood environments and user centered design. (http://www.mindscribe.org)
-2nd Place Student Design Competition at 2018 Conference on Human Robot Interactions (HRI) in Chicago, Illinois.
BrightTees, Grand Junction, CO || Fall 2014- Spring 2015
- Started a custom designed t-shirt and commissioned digital art business, completed year-long entrepreneurial training and pitched business idea to an investor panel, raising $600 in startup seed funding.
Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, Boulder, CO || Fall 2017-Present
- Our mission is to increase visibility of Hispanics in engineering professions. Trained at intensive 3-day National Institute for Leadership Advancement 2018 (NILA) in Oklahoma City, OK sponsored by P&G.
Jr. FIRST Lego League, Grand Junction, CO || Fall 2016- Spring 2017
- Started first program to introduce youth ages 5-7 to science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) through Lego Robotics in Grand Junction, CO, successfully leading to 17 new teams in one season, and coached 3 of these teams.
SKILLS & RELEVANT COURSEWORK
- English and Spanish (native)
- Languages: C++, Python, Java, HTML, CSS
- Design: Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, Photoshop
- 3D Printing, CAD, CNC machinery, Laser cutting, Arduino
- Coursework: Intro to Programming in C++, Discrete Structures, Data Structures, Calculus 2, Electrical Engineering Projects
Future Business Leaders of America || Fall 2013 – Spring 2017
- 4-year member and president of business club, achieving the following qualifications:
- National Qualifier and State-wide Winner: 2nd place in E-Business (2017) and 2nd place in Business Plan (2015)
- District-wide Winner: 1st place in Economics (2017, 2016 & 2015) and 1st Place Social Media Campaign (2016)
MOSTEC, Summer Program @ MIT || Summer 2016
- Took 2-month Python programming and electronics course at MIT for high achieving minority high school students.